We’re in rural West Sussex, in the rolling South Downs National Park, on the edge of the village of West Marden, which is:
8 miles North West of the Roman city of Chichester and 12 miles North East of the ferryport of Portsmouth
Marden Down offers guests a peaceful, quiet location, yet close to all the attractions on offer in the area:-
- Shopping at Gunwharf Quay in Portsmouth
- Historic Roman city of Chichester and Fishbourne Roman Palace
- The Weald and Downland museum
- Beaches at Wittering and Hayling Island
- National Trust properties at Uppark and Petworth House
- Sailing in Chichester Harbour and the Solent
- Horse Racing and Motor Racing at Goodwood
- Local open air markets at Chichester and Petersfield
- Day trips to the Isle of Wight, the New Forest, Southampton, Brighton and Guildford.
- You could even include a trip to London to the Theatre, Museums or big city shopping. Take the train from Havant to Waterloo 1h 40 minutes
- And lots lots more…..